The University of Ibadan is one of the oldest in Nigeria. It is a very reputable educational institution. Many young Nigerians desire to enter one of its departments. What are University of Ibadan admission requirements in 2017? If you have finally decided to continue your studying in this University, keep on reading the article to know the details.
The University of Ibadan is the public research and intellectual institution, which is known far beyond Nigeria. It is located in Oyo State in eight kilometers from the center of Ibadan.
The University enjoys a perfect reputation as one of the most prestigious universities and intellectual centers of sub-Saharan Africa. The Anglo-Saxon traditions, borrowed from the West, allow it developing dynamically.
The University of Ibadan has the well-developed educational infrastructure. It publishes numerous scientific periodicals and magazines. Among the most distinguished alumni of the University are Adiele Afigbo, Wole Soyinka, Ken Saro-Wiwa, Alexander Animalu, Emeka Anyaokum, Michael Omolewa, William Kumuyi, Niyi Osundare, and many other prominent people.
That is why every year more applicants strive to enter the University of Ibadan. Future students search for the University of Ibadan admission list to get to know all the essential requirements for admission.
University of Ibadan pre-admission screening of candidates
Instructions for applicants:
- Fill in all online forms carefully. Any mistakes will lead to disqualification.
- Use only functional telephone number and e-mail to enable the University to reach you in the course of the Admission exercise.
- Upload your passport photos and signatures in the JPEG format. Your photos must be on white background without cap, glasses, or headgear.
- Submit only authentic documents. If you are found guilty of the falsification of papers, you will be immediately disqualified. In some cases, you may be handed over to the Law Enforcement Agencies.
University of Ibadan admission requirements
Visit University of Ibadan admission portal to submit the Online Application for Admission.
In addition to combinations of subjects for each department as publicized in the JAMB brochure, every applicant should take into the consideration the following.
The University of Ibadan accepts five credits at only one sitting in the following faculties:
- Basic Medical Sciences
- College of Medicine
- Clinical Sciences
- Public Health
The University recognizes five credits at one sitting and six credits at two sittings in the following faculties:
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Veterinary Medicine
- The Social Sciences
All interested applicants should note that it is only when an “O” level result is lacking for a course of choice, that another result may be accessible to compliment the lacking one. All applicants with two “O” level results (two sittings) must confirm that the comprehensive details of both results are submitted.
The University of Ibadan JAMB cut off mark for 2017/2018
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board has recently revealed JAMB 2017/2018 cut off marks for all Nigerian universities.
The University of Ibadan JAMB cut off mark for 2017/2018 is 200.
If you have any questions concerning University of Ibadan admission, please, feel free to contact the University.
University of Ibadan Postgraduate admission requirement
The School of Postgraduate Studies at the University Of Ibadan gladly welcomes all applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into numerous postgraduate programs for 2017/2018 Academic Session.
Types of admission:
- Full-time admission
The University of Ibadan offers a full-time admission only to unemployed applicants.
- Part-time admission
Applicants can be admitted to part-time registration if they work at the university or can prove the University that they have adequate facilities for their work as part-time students. Please note that one of the leading University of Ibadan Postgraduate admission requirement to all candidates, in this case, is to show evidence of their employers` release.
- Admission as occasional students
If candidates satisfy the least entry requirements for the higher degree program, and the Faculty Postgraduate Committee recommends them, they may be admitted as occasional students. However, they will never get a degree from the University of Ibadan.
- All candidates must be graduates of the University of Ibadan or any other institutions recognized by the Senate. The Postgraduate School on the recommendation of the suitable Faculty Postgraduate Committee will make the admission.
- If a candidate has no previous higher degrees in the appropriate discipline, he/she are admitted only to either the Professional Degree of Master or the Degree of Master.
- All candidates who own recognized Research Higher Degree in the relevant discipline are admitted to the M.Phil. or Ph.D. degree programs.
- The detailed information on the University of Ibadan Postgraduate admission requirements can be found on the University website.
Now you are aware of all the University of Ibadan admission requirements. If you have any questions, contact the University